The Sisters Elementary Parent Involvement Plan has been developed by SES Staff and the School-Wide Planning Team. Parents are encouraged to be part of their child’s education. The bulleted list below includes how Sisters Elementary School plans to distribute information and provide opportunities for parent participation.
- The Parent Involvement Plan will be posted in the school office area as well as in the SES Handbook. A copy of this plan will be sent home annually to parents (SES Handbook).
- Parents can access updated school information at the school’s website.
- Information related to school and parent programs, meetings, and other activities will be communicated in the student’s native language to parents through timely notes, invitations, and newsletters sent home with students.
- Classroom teachers will provide achievement test information through parent/teacher conferences, parent requests, meetings, and printed information that is sent home.
- A signed Teacher-Student-Parent compact outlines how teachers, students, and parents will share the responsibility of improved student achievement. The compact will be sent home annually in the fall.
- Parents will have opportunities to participate in school-family activities planned throughout the year.
- Parents will have opportunities to participate in school decision-making regarding the education of their children.
- Parents will have the opportunity to jointly review the Student-Parent-Teacher compact annually.
- Teachers are available to answer questions about the district’s curriculum. Parents may provide suggestions to aid in making decisions regarding the education of their children.
- Parents are encouraged to observe instruction and other school activities that involve his/her child within established parameters by the principal.
- Parents are encouraged to volunteer and help at school, in the classroom, on field trips, and at other school events at Sisters ElementarySchool.
- Parents will be informed of the requirements of the Title 1 program and their rights to be involved.
- Parent meetings will be held at various times to accommodate the needs of families. Interpreters will be provided as needed.